Adopt comprehensive security practices throughout software development lifecycle to prevent costly business disruptions and data loss
Business applications continue to be a leading area of enterprise risk. Research reports Web application vulnerabilities now account for more than 55 percent of all security vulnerability disclosures. The applications developed to improve efficiency and streamline collaboration may also leave businesses vulnerable to data loss. A proactive and comprehensive approach to application security throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC) provides the ability to address increasing threats as well as compliance requirements.
Application security and SDLC improvement services from Neohapsis provide a comprehensive approach for understanding programmatic exposures, as well as building application security from the early design stages through production deployment. We analyze business challenges along with application development practices to pinpoint the organization’s most critical areas of application vulnerability. We then develop the processes, policies, and standards needed to reduce security risks of all applications, whether they are Web applications, commercial off-the-shelf software, or embedded systems. We establish appropriate checks and balances throughout the lifecycle and provide the tools to identify and mitigate the most common application risks.
The benefits of a secured application development program include:
- End-to-end security – Ensure application security across the entire development lifecycle
- Reduced development and maintenance costs – Build security more effectively into application design
- Improved quality – Improve the consistency and quality of code, whether developed internally or offshore
- Improved threat protection – Gain the ability to understand and model current and emerging application threats and to address weaknesses in legacy applications
Neohapsis Application Security Services include:
- Application assessment – White-box and black-box assessment of application against extensive list of known application vulnerabilities and exploits
- Architecture design assessment – Technical architecture design review to prevent known vulnerabilities from being designed into the applications
- Secure software development lifecycle assessment – Review of software development process, coding and testing practices to ensure secured practice is followed in every phase of the development lifecycle
- Application risk profiling – Profile application’s security risk exposure based on factors including application vulnerabilities, technology stack, security configuration, and accessibility